It's early September and i'm feeling all autumnal! Have you thought about having an Autumn wedding? There are lots of advantages to having a wedding in the Autumn rather than Summer. Here's a few reasons why...
- You are less likely to be disappointed by the weather! If you are planning a summer wedding then you are probably hoping for a beautiful sunny day... In Autumn, not only can you prepare yourself in case it is chilly (think elegant faux fur shrugs or cloaks) but you might get the added bonus of a late Indian summer...You can also wear a long sleeved or lace dress without the fear of over-heating on your wedding day!
- Everyone is back from their summer holidays, with a nice tan. And you are less likely to be clashing with another friends/family wedding. Also, venues and photographers are likely to have better availability, and possibly be cheaper too, bonus!
- Autumn colours are so beautiful, think burnt oranges, pale golds, flaming oranges and yellows... rich and gorgeous! For flowers you could have sunflowers, dahlias, deep red roses, the choice is endless.
- There are so many options available to you to make use of the lighting - you can have daytime, sunset and evening photos...usually within your photographers standard hours! You also get the option of having sparklers and fireworks in the evening as well as a toasty fire to add to the atmosphere, keep guests warm and to even toast marshmallows on! Candles dotted around your venue will add to the romantic atmosphere.
- The food options are endless too; no one really wants to eat a roast at a wedding in the summer, but in the Autumn? Yes please! Everything can be a little bit richer and warming without seeming too heavy in the Autumn, in comparison to the summer. Also, for the cake, the options are wider too - a pork pie wedding cake might seem a bit OTT in the summer, but in the autumn, lovely! You could also go for a towering cheese cake or even a 'naked' wedding cake decorated with seasonal berries and flowers.
Have a look at the images below for some more inspiration.
P.S How divine is the gold dress?!